The Ontario Osteopathic Association (OOA);
- Is committed to rigorous professional standards and membership criteria
- Ensures patient safety by representing practitioners with the highest level of manual osteopathic training
- Is approved by private insurance companies for osteopathic treatment.
- Supports an open and inclusive dialogue with practitioners, educators, associations, and government.
- Develops awareness of manual osteopathy and the manual osteopathic community.
- Connects patients with a practitioners in their area
Based on the pioneering work of A.T. Still, osteopathy is a science that relies on manual contact for diagnosis and treatment. Osteopathy removes tensions and restrictions in the body to encourage structural and physiological harmony. It respects the relationship of mind, body and spirit. But osteopathy is not the same as massage, chiropractic or physiotherapy, as explained in our What is Osteopathy? section.